Saturday 24 October 2009

Nothing especially

In some kind of Infinite Wisdom, the lovely people over at faceachewankbook have once again changed teh visual format, leaving the innocent unsuspecting users of the site, to no doubt complain becuase its changed, or because it looks like an even larger pile of vomited code, with a bunch of ads, and far more information about your contacts then you give a shit about - you know if you WANTED to know you coud, oooh look at a profile page perhaps?

Its slowly killing interaction, simply because you just don't need to its al there, I suspect soon,. they'll have found a way of being able to alert everyone on your contacts that you've passed wind, tripped over a snail ( it DOES happen) and various othe things, that frankly you just don't share with the masses. Now one of the new features, is to 'suggest' what you should be doing, now If I wanted to go and write something unassuming on a 'wall' of a riend or sometime aquaintence, then I have the free will to do that, I don't like the 'suggestion' that I really HAVE to do this, that I NEED to reconnect with this person... The irony being of course, that I was elsewhere, using far nicer methods of internet based communication, talking to the very person facebook was jumping up and down in an irate manner becuase heaven forbid, I was IGNORING it. Thus I can conclude, facebook isn't as cever as it would like to think.


One of these days, I shall simply suggest to the people that I actually talk to online, that we go for a coffee, pop round to their house, or something resembling what used to be social interaction, back in the day, when I were a lass..

I may even confront this ridiculous issue I have with telephones, by rights I SHOULD be able to talk to more then 5 people in the whole world without needing some kind of list of notes, almost like a script...

Now if you'll excuse me, in proof taht I am not as young as I used to be I am still nursing something of a hangover that quite frankly ouht to have lifted by now... its goign to be one of those persistent ones you have to SLEEP to finaly be rid of, I can just tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment