Wednesday 7 April 2010

I am in the midst of 'Internet apathy'.

Its boring me frankly to have every possible facet of information I might want, need, or indeed not want or need, but now have access to anyway, but a flurry of my fingertips away.

The Sun keeps shining, and theres a whole world beyond the perimeter of brickwork marking the external walls of my house, and true to form.. a whisper of Summer on the wind, and I want to be outside, with a camera, or sweating like a rapist tilling the earth..

And so, operation 'tame the gardens' commenceth.. today, like a handsome prince, with breasts, no horse and a distinct lack of chain mail I set about clearing a path to my front door, through the briar that had engulfed us through the cold wet, and indeed snow covered months that ensued in the latter part of last year, though seem, hopefully to finally be abating... and by Thorny briar, I actually mean an explosion of Lavender, and an unruly mysterious tree thats appeared of its own volition in my flowerbed....

Tomorrow, weather permitting, I wage war with the weeds, erect a lavender restraining fence... and mutter darkly at the front lawn,which, with a bit of luck, or more realistically, cash, and hard work will be a nicely gravelled, low maintenance area, something interesting or nice smelling in the middle, and some planted up tubs dotted here and abouts... in short it will be a bit more grown up looking and easier to keep tidy... not unlike most of the inside of my house of late.. seems I am getting a bit more grown up.. sadly I cannot keep myself tidy, I am fighting depleting collagen and gravity... but the gardening really OUGHT to help.

Outback.. and I of course DON'T mean Australia... I am plotting, literally for the resurrection of my growing fruit and veg, albeit on a much smaller scale then the Allotment I so sorely miss
and I'm going to well and truly piss off a holly tree with my newly acquired saw...

Too long have I procrastinated on what I might do, and what I need to do... fuck it... I shall just press on.. and see what happens. It works with decorating, housework, my life in general and so why should I anticipate it wouldn't work with gardening? too much thinking leads to your ultimate ruin.

let us then take the beginnings of an idea and run amok...

see what happens... and get real dirty in the process..

Oh AND do the gardening too,fnarrr

No comments:

Post a Comment